Tekla Global BIM Awards is a biennial event which celebrates the achievements of our customers in the Building & Construction Industry. The student category has been added to the competition to highlight the talents of budding civil, structural engineering and construction management students worldwide. The competition offers a venue for students to showcase their skills amongst the most iconic projects in the industry.
The Global Competition will occur in 2018, however, you may take part in the many local events occuring. Winners from the local events will automatically be entered into the 2018 Tekla Global BIM Award Student Competition.
Regional Competition Links
For Czech Republic
NOTE: Winners from the Regional Competitions will automatically be entered into the 2018 Tekla Global BIM Award Student Competition.
The winners of the 2018 Tekla Global BIM Award Student Competition will receive:
- A framed award certificate for the project/model
- Award certificate for individual participants
- Publicity: winner announcement in international press release, global online publicity, an interview helping you get noticed and to use as reference
- A feature in Tekla Global BIM Awards booklet
- Global BIM Award Badge to display in your Tekla Campus Profile
Students entering on behalf of school course will also benefit the school with the acceptance of the following school awards:
- A mention of School/University Program in the Tekla BIM Awards Booklet
- Mention in the press release announcing the winners and global online publicity
- 2 Year Subscription of Tekla Structures Education License for the School Lab Computers
Who can participate
The competition is open to students worldwide. There is no age limit. The projects may be carried out individually or in groups of 5 members or less.
Note: If you are entering via a school course and would like to help your professor receive a grant of Tekla Structures for the School’s lab computers please include School Name, Course & Professor name on the entry form.
How to participate
You can submit any project just as long as Tekla Structures education or learning license has been used to realize one or more phases of the project.
Examples of appropriate usage of Tekla Software include:
- The foundation was modeled/detailed using Tekla Structures
- The Frame was modeled/detailed using Tekla Structures
- The façade was modeled/detailed using Tekla Structures
- The drawings were created using Tekla Structures
- Bills of material were created using Tekla Structures
- Import/Export functionalities were used in Tekla Structures
The competition material includes:
- Submit your project using the participation form
- Tekla Structures model folder
- 3 snapshots/Screenshots of your model (highlight the best parts of your model)
Project material should be uploaded to a place where Tekla can access it (e.g. your own website, Dropbox folder, etc.- include address/weblink on the participation form)
You don’t have to be a BIM wizard quite yet. Models are judged based on the versatility of the model: How impressive the model is, how well it is modeled, what different tools have been used to create the model.
The jury will use the following breakdown to judge your entry.
- Project Design
- Complexity of the Model
- Level of Detail
- Use of the Model
- Examples displayed in drawings
- Examples displayed in Bill of Materials
- How was BIM used in the Model?
- Workflow on project demonstrated
- Submission (choice of images, project description)
- Included during submission and must include
- Project Brief & link to student studies
- Challenges faced and what was overcome
Need some inspiration? Check out our submittals from previous years.
Submissions will be evaluated and ranked by a global judging committee, comprised of Industry leaders and the Tekla for Education Student Program’s Committee.
Have a question or need help? Check in with our Campus Team or ask a question in the Lounge.
Disclaimer: By entering a model to the competition, the participant gives permission to Tekla to use the model and images of the model for marketing and sales demonstration purposes (including publishing the model using or Tekla BIMsight application and using project information and images of it in Tekla marketing material). Tekla has the right to reject a model from the competition if any of the required material is missing or if it is submitted after the deadline.