Tekla Structures Learning Edition is now available for free download. There are many new features available in the new release but most importantly modeling is easier. Learn about the new features below.
Easier modeling, easier learning
It’s not just about the cool contemporary look. The new user interface makes modeling easier and faster. For example, why not start by choosing a model from the list of your recent models, and continue with creating your own custom tab. The default model colors are both pleasant and logical. Your model stands out from the calm background so you can easily spot what you need, while the icons are modern and recognizable.
Two things have remained essentially the same, just improved: Keyboard shortcuts and command names.
Great information management, great collaboration
For construction, information about what has been done and who did it is critical. Using reference information from the other project parties is now smoother and more reliable: Tekla users can now see what changes others have made to that IFC model they received. Reference handling and collaboration are easier, prevent design and detailing errors. And Tekla Model Sharing has now more sophisticated change management.
Better drawings, faster and easier production
Tekla product development has kept the wishes of customers in mind when working on drawing production. Creating and editing drawings is now easier, more flexible and reliable. 2D library is a collection of ready-made 2D details such as bolts where you can just pick details instead of drawing these. Importing, saving and reusing your specific 2D details saves even more time, and you can update details & notes across all project drawings.
As students you have access to the complete configuration of Tekla Structures 2016 Learning Edition for free.
More New Features
Learn more about how Tekla Structures 2016 enhances workflows for Cast-in-place Contractors, Structural Engineers, Precast Concractors, and Structural Steel Fabricators.
The new Tekla Structures 2016 makes utilizing models easy for concrete contractors.
- Better pours and ease of use with improved Pour modeling and management
- Quick, easy access to model information with the powerful Organizer
- Accurate quantities with improved tools such as the new Surface Object
- Include the ground and roads to your model by importing LandXML files
- Producing drawings is now easier and faster, and the quality has been improved
Watch the webinar to learn more about how Concrete Contractors benefit with Tekla Structures 2016
Tekla Structures 2016 offers a lot for engineering offices working in AEC or industrial workflows, regardless the chosen level of LOD.
- Create high quality structural engineering drawings faster with the improved tools
- Smoother collaboration: Improved workflow with plant design and architectural solutions
- Utilize the information efficiently with the improved Organizer
- BIM floor level system matches the other project parties’ solutions
Watch the webinar to learn more about how Structural Engineers benefit with Tekla Structures 2016
Tekla Structures 2016 brings new tools and valuable improvements for precast fabrication.
- Model walls efficiently with the new Wall layout and associated tools
- Automate repetitive modeling tasks with Detailing manager, save time and prevent errors
- Enjoy better reinforcement annotations in drawings
- Utilize model information more efficiently with Organizer
Watch the webinar to learn more about how Precast Fabricators benefit with Tekla Structures 2016
Structural Steel Fabricators
Take advantage of your model information and achieve better productivity.
- Utilize model information with Organizer and enjoy faster response times. The new Organizer supports your processes better.
- You can now snap more easily and accurately than before.
- Increase productivity with information flow from model to fabrication with CNC enhancements.
- The cleaner welding visualization makes it easy to present and communicate welds.
Watch the webinar to learn more about how Structural Steel Fabricators benefit with Tekla Structures 2016