Students show off their skills during the Steel2Real Competition. In May students competed in the 2nd International Student Projects Competition Steel2Real 2017. This year the competition committee received 200 applications from students located in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia and even the USA. Of the 200 applicants, 10 finalist presented their projects to a jury. 30 of the projects were displayed at the Annual Arch Moscow event which was held late May.
According to the results of the vote count, the seats were distributed as follows.
Engineering design nomination:
- The first place was taken by Ilnur Gizyatullin, a student of the 1st year of the Moscow State University of Civil Engineering (MSSU) .
- The second place is the team of the 5th course of the Kazan State Architectural and Construction University (KGASU) as part of Rustem Akhmetzyanov and Bulat Bukharov .
- The third place went to the team from Yekaterinburg - students-bachelors of the Ural Federal University (UrFU) Rifat Mindiyarov and Tamirlan Kusainov.
- The winner is Angelina Strizhenok , Master of 1 course of the Moscow Architectural Institute (MARhI).
- Second place - a team from the St. Petersburg State Architecture and Construction University (SPbGASU) - bachelors Olga Shobukhova and Pavel Arkhipov
- The third place was taken by the bachelor of Tomsk State Architectural and Construction University (TGAU) Kirill Andreev.
Special awards were given to students by partner companies Trimble Solutions Russia and GC "INFARS". The finalists received certificates for passing training courses on BIM-design.
"We are very pleased that the contest is becoming a truly significant event in the student environment. The guys get a real opportunity to prepare their own project, which will be judged on a professional level by the competent jury. This year we received 200 applications for participation - there were applications from Belarus, Ukraine, Armenia and even from the USA (University of California, Los Angeles). Steel2Real expands its borders and fully justifies the status of an international prestigious competition," commented Dmitry Eremeev, General Director of the Association for the Development of Steel Construction (ARCC).
"I am happy to see the level of work from all the finalists. We had some of the student finalist from the 2016 competition attend our Tekla User Days this year, as representatives from our confident users and customers of Tekla Structures. The Steel2Real contest is becoming a kind of career lift for active students. We are observing the gap of specialists in the labor market within the industry, we hope that the competition is widely distributed in curriculum of educational institutions and become the very opportunity for ambitious future specialists . Many teachers support the organizers of the initiative, we, as a developer of software solutions, offer free educational version, and most importantly the students do not miss this chance."- said the commercial director of Trimble Solutions Russia, Denis Kuptsov.
All the works of the winners are presented on a separate page of the official site www.steel2real.ru