Trimble has announced the winners of its 2020 Tekla Global BIM Awards, a biennial competition showcasing the world’s most impressive structural construction projects using Tekla. Among the eight categories in the competition, the jury has awarded the project of the Kalimantan New Mosque as the winning student entry.
Best Student Project: The Kalimantan New Mosque – Indonesia
Submitted by Muhammad Reza Fardian, Dwi Kurniawan, Muhammad Rizqon Cahyadi, and Muhammad Nurhalis Majid, from the University of Lambung Mangkurat, Indonesia. This project implemented a workflow using Trimble SketchUp and Tekla Structures.
The Kalimantan mosque occupies 1 hectare area and is expected to accommodate approximately 16,000 worshippers. Design elements of the original local culture of Kalimantan, which consist of the Banjar and Dayak Tribes, are integrated into the model. A combination of steel and concrete, the mosque was designed and modeled with Trimble’s SketchUp and Tekla Structures. The impressive visual presentation of the structure was made with Trimble Connect Visualizer.
Congratulations to the team from the University of Lambung Mangkurat, Indonesia!
Student Project Finalists
The following 8 student projects were selected as finalists of 2020 Tekla Global Student BIM Awards. Each of the teams will be awarded with a certificate. To learn more about each project, click on the project name.
- Submitted by Mateusz Łapiński, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Submitted by Filip Strzyżewski, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Submitted by Xiangjie Wei, Shengju Feng, Zhuang Li, Shixiang Xiao, Xin Bu, Luoyang Institute of Science and Technology, China.
- Submitted by Fugui Ma, Qiang Huang, Qiang Shi, Zhangshuo Zhao, Haigang Fu, Luoyang Institute of Science and Technology, China.
- Submitted by Muhammad Reza Fardian, Dwi Kurniawan, Muhammad Rizqon Cahyadi, Muhammad Nurhalis Majid, Universitas Lambung Mangkurat, Indonesia
- Submitted by Petr Vicena, Secondary Engineering School Valašské Meziříčí (Střední průmyslová škola stavební Valašské Meziříčí)
- Submitted by Antoine Lanet and Ewan Mrozek, IUT du Limousin, France.
- Submitted by Rezza Munawir Manik, Firmansyah E. Prasetyo, and Zamrud Muhammad Yusuf Gustian from Indonesian Civil Engineering Student Association, Indonesia.
Congratulations to the winner and all of the finalists!
To learn more about the global winners in other categories, read the press release.
Trimble thanks all students to all who have participated in the competition, and those who voted for their favorite project We hope to see you at the next Tekla BIM Awards!