Finding your career step by step: Where to focus and when? Are you starting your journey into civil engineering? Anthony Fasano is not only an engineering career coach from New York City but also a dedicated author and speaker in the field of engineering. He has some great tips for students beginning their journey into civil engineering. In his blog, he walks through some recommendations for those studying at different stages within civil engineering undergraduate schools.
As your studies proceed, your priorities should change slightly. Anthony has insight on, for example, what should you consider while in your 1st / freshman year, and what to be contemplating on your 2nd / sophomore year. And as you dive deeper into your studies, how can you start building your professional network and understand what disciplines to specialize in as a civil engineer?
You can find the entire blog post here: http://news.asce.org/back-to-school-for-civil-engineering-students-whats-the-focus-of-your-year/
How can Tekla Campus help you on your journey?
By joining Tekla Campus, you are gaining a competitive advantage. Tekla Campus is your resource to:
- Download and install Tekla Structures, the only truly constructible BIM software for free
- Learn valuable industry knowledge
- Gain insight into the tools and workflows that are being introduced in the construction industry
- Walk through free interactive tutorials to learn about concrete structures, 3D structural modeling, detailing, estimating, BIM technology and scheduling
- Join a community of like-minded future BIM experts
Start building your engineering career by creating your free account here:
More about Anthony Fasano
Anthony Fasano, P.E., M.ASCE, is the founder of the Engineering Career Coach website, which has helped thousands of engineers develop their business and leadership skills. He hosts the Civil Engineering Podcast, and he is the author of a bestselling book for engineers, Engineer Your Own Success. You can download a free video series on his website that will give you the tools needed to immediately improve your networking and communication skills by clicking here.