The Faculty of Technology from the Universidad de Santiago de Chile has signed a Cooperation Agreement with Construsoft through which both institutions express their deepest interest to collaborate with experiences and knowledge, as well as the provision of services.
The activity was chaired by the Dean of the Faculty of Technology Mr. Gumercindo Vilca Caceres and General Manager of Construsoft Spain & Latin America, Mr. Jose Cosculluela Millas, who were responsible for formalizing the agreement. Also in attendance was Mr. Cristhian Arancibia, Head of Marketing for Construsoft Latin America and Spain, Mr. José Sepulveda, Head of Construsoft’s Chilean office and members of the faculty including, Ms. Camila Burgos Leiva, Coordinator of Department of Industrial Technologies., Ms. Gloria Garrido Garrido, Coordinator of the Faculty., Mr. Patricio Serrano Venegas, Project Executive of Technology Transfer Management Faculty (FACTEM), and Mr. Christian Vergara Espinoza, Executive Director of FACTEM.
Highlighted aspects of the agreement are as follows:
- Both institutions agree to promote the integration of academics, teachers, students and researchers in collaborative bodies, which will translate into professional practices, work qualification, technical assistance and internships.
- Both institutions agree to promote the organization and implementation of concerted training activities, such as conferences, meetings, seminars and courses in areas of common interest for both entities.
- Both institutions agree to promote the joint execution of industrial and technological collaborations, like Technical Assistance Projects or R+D.
- Both institutions agree to explore instances in which Construsoft, have the ability to display and showcase their technology to the academic world and future professionals from the Faculty.
- Both institutions agree to explore alternatives and means, to incorporate technology, like Tekla Structures BIM Software available through Tekla Campus and technological solutions of Construsoft, to the teaching process.
- Both institutions agree to promote the joint organization of cultural activities and social responsibility.
For the Dean Gumercindo Vilca "the signing of this agreement is a new, important and significant step in the systematization of our links with the productive sector. We want to give our students access to the latest industry tools and provide a collaborative environment where they can conduct their practices and testing the relevance and quality of knowledge and skills provided by the university. This alliance established with Construsoft aims at it all". Similarly, Dean points out that "without doubt this agreement and the relationship that begin with Construsoft today will greatly impact and benefit our students and their learning processes.
Mr. Jose Cosculleula Millas, General Manager of Construsoft commented, "Our company has the privilege of working with latest technologies applied in engineering and construction from around the world. For us it is very important to facilitate access to these tools to future professionals. They will be important players in the management and implementation of changes that the industry needs. Consequently, Construsoft is proud to close this agreement with the Faculty of Technology of the University of Santiago, understanding that quality and tradition that this school has along with technology transfer that our company can provide, greatly enhances the development of knowledge & skills in Chile."
The Universidad de Santiago de Chile, is one of the most important Universities in Chile. According with the QS Ranking, this entity is the #3 in Chile, #17 in LatAm and #451-460 in the world. (http://www.topuniversities.com/universities/universidad-de-santiago-de-c...). University of Santiago has 167 years, 7 Schools, 67 careers, 41 Masters and 17 PhD programs, and more than 23.000 students. http://www.usach.cl/en